STREET CAR SHOOTOUT
RUNNER UP: $1,500
TECH CARD: $250
- All NHRA Safety Rules Apply
- 1/4 Mile Race
- Heads Up, Pro Tree, Red Light Loses
- Single elimination
- We will qualify this class and split it into two groups of 16 (if we have 32 cars we will run two groups, if we have more than 16 and less than 32 it will be an all run field) Each class will have a breakout of .10 of the number 1 qualifier.
- Every vehicle must have a license plate, proof of current registration and valid insurance.
- Driver's meeting will determine if there will be a cruise before eliminations. Weather, timing, etc and the vote in the driver's meeting will determine whether the cruise is necessary. Be prepared to cruise.
- All vehicles must have a functional alternator
- All vehicles must have a functioning radiator and water pump
- We will allow approximately 20 minutes between rounds
- Headlights and brake lights must exist and be operational (one of each may be removed during competition for any reason after passing tech).
- Must be able to return from a pass on its own power under normal use. Breaking and being towed back will not DQ if the car is able to be safely repaired.
Any year vehicle is allowed. Lightweight components are limited to hood, front fenders, deck lid, hatches, doors, sunroofs/t-tops/targa tops, wings, ground effects, and bumpers only. Quarter panels must remain as originally manufactured. One-piece front ends are not permitted. No body parts may be removed during competition.
All cars must retain complete stock chassis, firewall, and frame rails. Notching of chassis for clearance is permitted. Aftermarket "K" members are permitted.
All cars must utilize stock style front suspension. Aftermarket front control arms, rear control arms, and sub-frame connectors are permitted.
Stock style dashboard and full interior from front seats forward is required (passenger seat may be removed). Aftermarket seats, gauges, and interior are permitted.
Muffler(s) are required unless vehicle is turbocharged. Exhaust may exit anywhere.
Two-steps, data loggers, aftermarket ECU's, and engine management systems are permitted.
Aftermarket axles, ring and pinions, final drive, spools, and differentials are permitted.
Manual or Auto transmissions are permitted. Any style automatic transmission is permitted. Transbrakes are permitted.
Any type of fuel is allowed but you may not add extra fuel until after the cruise and round 1 of eliminations is over. At that point you may add fuel.
Drag Radial, or Bias Ply no larger than 28"x10.5W” or 315 Radial.