ROLL RACE INVITATIONAL
PRESENTED BY SCNS MOTORS
FL2K ROLL RACE INVITATIONAL AT BRADENTON MOTORSPORTS PARK
It's a new year for FL2K and the Roll Race Invitational is back and better than ever for 2019. This year the field has been expanded from 100 cars to 125 cars and that means the payout has also increased to a whopping $12,000 total payout -- including payouts for runners up!
Due to the limit on entries and the high payout, the event is sure to fill up fast. Do not miss out! Registration opens on Friday, June 21.
Bradenton Motorsports Park
21000 SR 64, Bradenton, FL 34212
Gates open at BMP on Friday, October 11th at 7 AM and there will be a mandatory driver's meeting at 9:30 AM. Qualifying will begin promptly at 10 AM. This time will be focused on acclimation runs, grudge matches and qualifying for the three classes. Eliminations will begin at approximately 1 PM and we will run until completion.
Price is $175 per car and the event will be limited to 125 cars! The cost is non-refundable, however in the event you or your car cannot make it we will allow you to transfer an entry with FL2K official's approval. Cutoff for transfers is Wednesday, October 9th. Keep in mind that non-refundable means that if the weather ends up cancelling the event, there are no refunds. We have three days to get the event completed, so the chances of a cancellation are highly unlikely. However, if the roll race is cancelled due to inclement weather, your entry/tech card will be transferrable to next year's event.
VEHICLE/SAFETY RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
FL2K has always been about finding the fastest STREET cars, and that is no different when it comes to the Roll Race Invitational. This event is for street cars, not full on race cars. Please ensure you read the following and have on race day all the required equipment for your speed. If you have not previously participated in an organized roll race and aren't sure how fast you will run, please contact FL2K staff at and we will assist.
- All drivers will be required to wear a SA2010+ helmet.
- All drivers will be required to wear an SFI approved fire jacket.
- All drivers must wear close toed shoes and long pants.
- All vehicles with a trap speed of 165MPH or higher will be required to have a five-point harness.
NOTE: FL2K officials reserve the right to refuse entry to the Roll Race Invitational or disqualify an entry on the day of competition if officials deem the car not street worthy or if a majority of fellow competitors object. If you are disqualified you will forfeit your entry fee.
Cars will qualify into one of three classes. With the increased car count for 2019, we are also making some slight adjustments to the structure of the brackets.
The fastest cars by qualifying speed will still be in the Outlaw bracket, but this bracket will not necessarily be a 16-car ladder. It will consist of between 8 and 16 cars. The goal here is to not have a participant qualify into a bracket where he or she is not capable of being competitive. FL2K staff will determine the cutoff for the Outlaw class based on qualifying speeds, so if you want a chance to win the largest payout and compete against the fastest cars of the event do not overlook the importance of running a number in qualifying.
Also, keep in mind there will be breakout threshold set for all brackets except Outlaw. If you sandbag in qualifying, you are in danger of breaking out during eliminations.
The next fastest bracket will be Modified, and it will consist of 16 cars. Then, new for this year, we are expanding the Sport bracket to 32 cars! It will be a 32-car ladder. This allows more entrants a chance at competing for a payout and should make for an evenly matched field throughout each bracket and much better racing.
Grudge matches (callouts) will be allowed as will test-n-tune runs even after elimination or if you fail to qualify for one of the three classes. There is no limit to the amount of runs you can get in other than time in the day.
We will have Bradenton Motorsports Park's fantastic crew on hand to prep the racing surface as always, and after running the roll race throughout the past few years we have improved the operations and efficiency of the process. We are excited to host what should be an excellent turnout of fast, fast street cars vying for a chance to take home a massive payout!
AWARDS / PAYOUTS
With the help of title sponsor SCNS Motors, we will be paying out a total sum of $12,000!!! We have increased our payouts each and every year in hopes of attracting the biggest and baddest to come out and prove it on the track at FL2K! This is huge because most roll race events are just for bragging rights or a trophy. The top two in all three classes will receive the cash payout, trophy and the winner will also receive a special gift from FL2K.
- Winner: $5,000
- Runner Up: $1,500
- Winner: $2,500
- Runner Up: $1,000
- Winner: $1,500
- Runner Up: $500
HOW THE RACING WORKS
Cars will be paired in the staging lanes by the track staff at the head of the track. When signaled the cars will take off and the two cars will have 450 feet to pace one another at a start speed between 40-50MPH. Once the two cars reach the designated “start line,” a traffic light will change from Red to Green. As always, Green means GO!
- The car with the higher qualifying speed gets lane choice.
- The car in the right lane must pace the car in the left lane for ALL starts.
- Competitors will have a maximum of three attempts at a clean start. If a clean start cannot be achieved in three attempts track officials reserve the right to DQ both racers. It's possible both drivers could be DQ'd for foul play/false starts. Do not play games!
- If a competitor exhibits a pattern of behavior that goes against the rules he will be warned one time. Continued behavior of the same manner is grounds for disqualification.
- The finish line will be marked with checkered flags on each side of the track. The first to the finish line will get the win light and move on to the next round.
- There will be a breakout speed set for each class (EXCEPT OUTLAW) to be determined after qualifying. This is to help deter sandbagging.
- The driver’s meeting for the roll race event is MANDATORY and will take place at 9:30 AM on Friday before qualifying begins. If you miss the driver’s meeting your spot can be forfeited at the discretion of track/event officials. If you have questions about the format, the brackets, what defines a clean start (see below) or anything else, then the driver's meeting is the time to raise those concerns and ask those questions.
IMPORTANT: DURING ELIMINATIONS, A "CLEAN START" TAKES PRECEDENCE OVER ENTRY SPEED. A CLEAN START IS DEFINED BY BOTH CARS ENTERING THE STARTING ZONE WITHIN ONE CAR LENGTH OF EACH OTHER AND FEWER THAN 5 MPH APART AS TRACKED BY OUR RADAR. TRACK OFFICIALS WILL NOT DQ A COMPETITOR DURING ELIMINATIONS BASED SOLELY ON ENTRY SPEED IF THE START IS DEEMED TO BE CLEAN. BE PREPARED TO RACE EVERY TIME YOU ENTER THE LANES AND IF YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT LANE IT IS YOUR JOB TO MATCH AND PACE THE CAR IN THE LEFT LANE.
HOW TO SIGN UP
After reading the rules, select Roll Race Invitational Tech Card from the menu in the registration menu below or follow this link to go to TheFOAT.com and complete checkout. Fill out the form with your vehicle and personal information and complete payment. Once completed, you will receive a confirmation email from TheFOAT.com and your name will be added to the official competitor list available here. If you do not see your name added to the competitor list within 72 hours of payment please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FL2K ROLL RACE INVITATIONAL REGISTRATION